Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll share a little about my recent sessions, my family, thoughts on life and some ideas about portrait photography. Feel free to check back often or make comments. I love to hear from people! For more information e-mail me at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Welcome 2012! I feel like I have so much to say, so much to do, yet so little time! I guess it's all about priorities though; and seems there are lots of those to narrow down too. Ha! I had a wonderful 2011, and met some great new kids and families, and photographed some repeat clients as well, so thank you to all who trusted with with capturing their memories last year. We spent a wonderful holiday season away from home with my family, and it was so nice to have lots of downtime with extended family and my husband and kids. After a busy fall, it was just what I needed. I've been mulling over several things, and because this winter time is slower for me-on purpose-I'm taking this time to formulate a plan for this year. A plan so that my number one priority-my family-comes first. And that when I do have clients-they truly feel like they are the only ones and my priority at the time as well. It's a philosophy I've always had, but want to be better at putting it into practice. I'm always completely dedicated to my clients during the session, and kind of get lost in all the fun of it. As a goal for 2012, I want to decrease my turnaround time for viewing/ordering sessions, and delivering final products to clients.

Recently, I looked back at my New Year's post from 2011. I think it's always good to look back and see how far we've come. I am pleased that I was able to meet all those goals for last year too. One thing I am working on more is creating S.M.A.R.T. goals-specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.

As I determine the best way to conduct business in 2012, I know for sure I want to shoot for myself personally and blog more-the good, and the not so good parts of life. It's hard sometimes for me to know what audience to write to-is it only my family reading this? or my friends? or potential clients? other aspiring or pro photographers? Sometimes I feel like I have to put out only that perfect photo or write the perfect words, but I realized a long time ago that I am no where near perfect. So, I am going to try to not be so hard on myself and just be me-be honest-be real. I am curious though who is out there following my work-maybe it's only my Mom. I know she loves my work, but she has to, you know. :0) Anyway, please do comment. I love to hear from people.

What are your goals for the new year?

And just because a post isn't much fun without a photo, here's a little photo of my family, taken by the wonderful and talented Randi Davies. She's become a great mentor and friend, and I enjoyed getting to know her and shooting with her last year. Although I value all kinds of photographs because they capture a moment in time, I feel strongly about hiring a fellow professional to photograph my family at least once every year or so. And it's fun to be the one in front of the camera for a change instead of always behind it!


No comments:


Visitors

Labels

Search This Blog

Popular Posts