Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll share a little about my recent sessions, my family, thoughts on life and some ideas about portrait photography. Feel free to check back often or make comments. I love to hear from people! For more information e-mail me at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why I Love Second Shooting Weddings ~ Boise Wedding Photographer

I had the great opportunity and pleasure to second shoot weddings for several years before I photographed some on my own. I started working with Steve and Tammy Jeffs of Amore Photography & Design, and most recently worked with Amber Fischer Photography and Randi Davies Photography.

I love getting to work with other photographers I admire. It's always fun to have someone great to work and learn with. Brides and grooms benefit from having two photographers because they get different perspectives of their event, as well. 

Sometimes as a second shooter, I get to set up my own shots and poses. Other times, I grab all the detail shots (which I LOVE), while the main photographer works with the couple. Always, I'm there to help where needed and just add to the great experience a bride and groom expect on their special day. 

Another reason I love second shooting, is while the main photographer (Amber, in this case) gets an image from here....
 
 


I capture this one....


Congratulations Keila and Kyle! It was such a beautiful day, and I was so excited to be a part of it. And thanks Amber. It was awesome hanging out with you! Stay tuned for more of this wedding and other recent sessions...

Here's just one more from the day....

2 comments:

amber fischer said...

Thanks for second shooting w/ me, Maggie! It was fun and I love the shots you captured. ( ;

Anonymous said...

IT was an awesome wedding and you two did amazing showing how unique and wonderful they are. Was awesome running into you there. Carly


Visitors

Labels

Search This Blog

Popular Posts