Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll share a little about my recent sessions, my family, thoughts on life and some ideas about portrait photography. Feel free to check back often or make comments. I love to hear from people! For more information e-mail me at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Her First Show ~ Getting Personal

In June, Mackenzie participated in her first junior livestock show as a member of the Idaho Junior Hereford Association. She and her heifer, "Crystals," did wonderful. I, however, was a nervous wreck! Watching your child do anything for the first time is always bittersweet. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. It was just us girls that weekend, and we had a great time. We stalled with some wonderful friends of ours too who were very helpful. 

Josh and I both grew up showing livestock, and we learned a lot about hard work, dedication and responsibility. It's fun to see our kids be able to have this opportunity as well. Mackenzie and Emma were both great troopers, helping get our stall ready, and washing, blow drying and brushing the heifer. They also had lots of fun hanging out with some new friends they met that weekend. Thanks to my MIL, Carla, who joined us for the weekend as well, and who took some of these photos. 


Looking forward to making more memories like this!

No comments:


Visitors

Labels

Search This Blog

Popular Posts