Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll share a little about my recent sessions, my family, thoughts on life and some ideas about portrait photography. Feel free to check back often or make comments. I love to hear from people! For more information e-mail me at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MMP February Photo Challenge ~ Idaho Lifestyle Photographer


So I decided in January that I wanted to do a photo challenge while my schedule was a little slower. And I thought it would get the creative juices flowing too. You know, each day a different theme, and a different photo. I had found this list somewhere (I normally give credit, but somehow I didn't put down where I found this, plus I did change several of the days to fit my needs. However, if you've seen a similar list, let me know because I am happy to show a little love to whomever thought of some of these.)

Anyway...

I really like the themes on this list because they are fun, but also work on some different camera skills, which is my main focus this year-taking my photography to an even better level through education and practice.

I also decided that for me, it would be challenge enough to take a photo a day based on these themes, let alone try to get it uploaded, edited and blogged every day. Therefore, I am committed to capturing a photo every day, but I may be blogging them in groups or quite possibly waiting until every day in March to blog them. I do hope many of you will join with me for this challenge. I know there are lots of creative people out there, both pro and hobbyists, and it would be fun to see how you interpret each theme. I am thinking about starting a group on Facebook to share all our pics too, so if you want to join in the fun, please shoot me your name and email at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com, and I'll let you know when it's ready!

Even if there isn't a blog post for each day, I will be updating my Maggie Malson Photography Facebook Fan Page with daily theme reminders. So, go ahead, and "like" my page! Can't wait to see what creativeness comes out of all this! Happy February everyone!

Now, I'm off to take that self portrait...

5 comments:

Karen Cooley said...

I tried to do a challenge like this in December. Mm hmm, great idea. One of the most insane months of the year. I got to, oh, day 11? 12? If that. LOL Good luck to you and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Maggie said...

I wouldn't have been able to stick to a challenge in December either, Karen!

Anna McClary said...

Good luck on the challenge! I just finished one I designed for myself and feel like I have a fresh fire lit under my tush now.

myla said...

wow! that's a challenge for sure. . .but sounds like lots of fun. . .good luck!

Monica Grimes said...

What a great way to get the juices flowing - I have wanted to do one of the 365 challenges, but I know that I would never be able to stick with it.


Blog Archive

Visitors

Labels

Search This Blog

Popular Posts