Welcome to my blog! This is where I'll share a little about my recent sessions, my family, thoughts on life and some ideas about portrait photography. Feel free to check back often or make comments. I love to hear from people! For more information e-mail me at info@maggiemalsonphotography.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cupcakes, Key Lime Pie, Kids and Cows ~ Southwest Idaho Portrait Photographer

What?! Cupcakes, Key Lime Pie, Kids and Cows? Well, check out some of these links (and some photos) I wanted to share and see what's happening around here. Sometimes I find the coolest things when I'm wasting time, I mean, cruising the Internet doing valuable and pertinent work-related research. Ha, that sounds official, doesn't it?! Other times, I just find some neat things out there in the real world, that I just think are really fun and I want to pass them along. Let me know what you think...

For starters, if you have little ones or are expecting one, you have to check out this site, On to Baby. They have the neatest ideas, products and inspiration for the wee ones in your life. I absolutely love this totally unique, beautifully designed Custom Word Book. 

Also, I found a beautiful post by photographer Deb Schwedhelm recently. She is an amazing artist with a unique eye. How many of you out there are waiting for the perfect time to schedule your family portrait session? Well, ladies and gents, the perfect time is NOW. Read Deb's thoughts. Is There a Perfect Time?

For you local folks, if you're in the mood for some amazing sweet treats, check out Miss Ellie's Cakes in Nampa. We stopped in there one night when they were about to close and picked up some delicious treats-fresh strawberry, vanilla and German chocolate cupcakes, and a giant no bake cookie. They were even great tasting at the end of the day! Annie bakes everything herself every morning. You have to check this little place out!


The other day I was in Walmart and discovered Wrigley's Extra Dessert Delights Gum. This stuff is awesome! I am so excited to think maybe I can curb my sweet tooth by chewing dessert flavored gum instead of rummaging through my cabinet and downing a handful of chocolate chips when the cravings hit me or eating a bowl full of ice cream in the middle of the day! Seriously, I do that. Sad, but true. So far, I think Key Lime Pie is my favorite flavor, although I loved Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream when I tried it first. The other choice is Strawberry Shortcake. Not sure if I can call this a permanent solution, but for now I'm trying to go for the gum whenever I need something sweet, which is usually after every meal. You know, a little sweet after something savory? Thanks Wrigley's!

And just in case you're wondering what's been keeping me busy lately, here's a few pics to show you...

What are you looking at J?
Cows.
Where are they J? Right there, silly mama!
It's so fun the kids can go outside and check out all the baby calves and mama cows right on the other side of the fence. They love it, and I love it too.



Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:


Visitors

Labels

Search This Blog

Popular Posts